Contributions to Public Consultations
Below there is a compendium of contributions related to community networks. from civil society organizations to different calls from different public bodies around the world for public comments.
- ISOC Brasil, IBEBrasil, Intervozes - Coletivo Brasil de Comunicação Social, Association for Progressive Communications (APC), Rhizomatica Communications, Redes por la Diversidad, Equidad y Sustentabilidad, A.C., Instituto Brasileiro de Defesa do Consumidor (IDEC), Instituto Nupef and Coalizão Direitos na Rede (CDR) response to Anatel's Public Consultation N65 on the Simplification of the Regulation of Telecommunication Services. 16 November 2020. Download Letter of Support Download contribution.
- Joint Mozilla / Internet Society (ISOC) submission to Canadian spectrum regulator on their Consultation on New Access Licensing Framework, Changes to Subordinate Licensing and White Space to Support Rural and Remote Deployment. 26 October 2021 Download local copy.
- Joint submission by Mozilla, Internet Society, and Connect Humanity to a consultation by Canada Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Economic Development (ISED) on a “Non-Competitive Local Licensing Framework, Including Spectrum in the 3900-3980 MHz Band and Portions of the 26, 28 and 38 GHz Bands”. 14 November 2022. Submission available online.
- Colnodo, with support from Rhizomatica, submitted comments on the Public Consultation for the 900 MHz band. November 2021 Download Contribution (Spanish).
- Joint submission from the Association for Progressive Communications, the Alliance for Affordable Internet, Internet Society, Network for Digital Rights for Ethiopia and Bahir Dar Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) Research Center to the Telecommunications Sector Stakeholder Consultation No. 001-201. November 2019. Download Contribution .
- Comments from APC, ICT4D (Information and Communication Technology for Development) Research Centre at Bahir Dar University, the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, the Internet Society Ethiopia Chapter, the Internet Society and the Network for Digital Rights in Ethiopia to the Telecommunications Licensing Directive No. 1/2020. June 2020. Download Contribution .
- Comments from APC, the Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI), ICT4D (Information and Communication Technology for Development) Research Centre at Bahir Dar University, the Internet Society Ethiopia Chapter, the Internet Society and the Network for Digital Rights in Ethiopia to the Telecommunications Licensing Directive No. 1/2020. October 2020. Download Contribution .
- Joint submission from the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in collaboration with Rhizomatica, the Internet Society (ISOC), the World Wide Web Foundation/Alliance for Affordable Internet, ARTICLE 19 Eastern Africa, the Tunapanda Institute and the Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) to the National Broadband Strategy. March 2019. Download Contribution.
- In a landmark process for community networks in the region, in May 2021 the Communication Authority of Kenya, held a Public Consultation requesting comments to the “Licensing and Shared Spectrum Framework for Community Networks”. Download Framework
- Telecomunicaciones Indígenas Comunitarias, A. C. submitted comments to the “Consulta Pública sobre el Proyecto de Bases de Licitación Pública para concesionar el uso, aprovechamiento y explotación comercial de segmentos de espectro radioeléctrico disponibles en las Bandas de Frecuencias 814-824 / 859-869 MHz, 1755-1760 / 2155-2160 MHz, 1910-1915 / 1990-1995 MHz y 2500-2530 / 2620-2650 MHz para la prestación de servicios de Acceso Inalámbrico (Licitación No. IFT-10) . October 2020. Download Contribution (Spanish)
- A new Open Data Transmission Bill is being discussed by the Senate 1). August 2021. APC submitted a letter to senators in support of the Bill.
- Multistakeholder Response to the Second Information Memorandum on the Licensing Process for International Mobile Telecommunications in Respect of the Provision of Mobile Broadband Wireless Access Services for Urban and Rural Areas Using the Complementary Bands,IMT700, IMT800, IMT2600 And IMT3500, for Public Consultation. November 2021. Download Contribution .
- Multistakeholder Response to the Information Memorandum Regarding ICASA’s Intentions to Initiate the Second Phase of the Licensing Process and to make available Radio Frequency Spectrum to Prospective Licensees to Provide Mobile Broadband Wireless Access Services in the Low and Mid Radio Frequency Bands. September 2022. Download submission
- Multistakeholder response to the Consultation on a Next Generation Radio Frequency Spectrum Policy for Economic Development. October 2022. Download submission
- Invitation to provide written comments on Proposed Electronic Communications Amendment Bill, 2022, 23 June 2023. Final submission made on 31 August 2023 by APC, Mozilla, University of the Western Cape, and Zenzeleni Networks. Download submission
- Joint submission from APC, Rhizomatica, Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA), the AfChix Uganda chapter, BOSCO Uganda and the Internet Society to the Proposed review of the Licensing Framework for the telecommunications sector in Uganda. April 2019. Download Contribution .